Managed deployment using an MDM on macOS
Deploy the Push browser extension in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Brave on macOS using a mobile device management (MDM) solution.
Push provides a standard config that can be imported and deployed via any MDM solution that supports provisioning custom configuration profiles to macOS endpoints. The directions below are not specific to a particular MDM. You should consult the documentation of your MDM solution to determine the best way to deploy the profile.
Here are a few popular MDM solutions and their instructions on deploying custom configuration profiles for macOS:
Generate the configuration profile
Before configuring your MDM, we need to generate a config file in the Push admin console. Skip to the next step if you've already done so.
1. In the Push admin console, head to the Browsers page, and click on Enrollment options.
2. Select a Managed enrollment.
3. Click on Device Management Software, then choose Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Brave as the browser and macOS as the OS. Then select Generate config. This will allow you to download a config file specific to your team.
4. Download and extract the zip file.
Configure your MDM
1. In your MDM, create a custom configuration profile and provide a name and description.
2. Provide the config file included in the zip file from the previous step:
3. Once the profile has been created, assign it to a device or group of devices.
When the settings propagate, the Push browser extension will be installed on devices in your organization and automatically enrolled in Push.